Overall, I received positive feedback. Everyone seemed to
like the song I had chosen. They particularly liked the lyrics of the song and
thought they would be good to base a music video on. I explained how I wanted
the style to be narrative, telling a story of the lyrics and showing the
development of the relationship between the characters in the video, which they
also agreed with. From this pitch and focus group, I can definitely state that
my music video will be in a narrative form as everyone thinks this is
appropriate for the song. However, they also said I could consider including
live performance showing the artist lip syncing, looking directly at the camera
as these two styles would complement each other well and break up the
narrative, making it more entertaining for the audience, as opposed to just a
boring story showing a relationship between a boy and a girl.
Also, they liked the idea of the locations I have chosen.
They agree with London being a romantic, and identifiable location, allowing
the audience to relate to the video, however, they do think that using London
as a location will be risky. They brought to my awareness that it’s highly
likely that the actors I choose will not be willing to travel that far out to film
and in the worst case scenario if the footage hasn’t come out as well as my
partner and I have expected, it will be extremely difficult to re film these
scenes. I couldn’t agree more with this opinion, and so will try to create a
video using public locations and places that are easily accessible for the
characters and us so we can get the most out of our filming time.
No comments:
Post a Comment