Sunday, 22 September 2013
Blog Reflection 3
During this week, the key concepts we analysed, were representation and genre. We looked at the different theories in relation to these concepts and learnt about how music videos generate certain messages and exactly what the denotations represent to the audience. Some of the theories include 'The Male Gaze', which I have shown an example of in the image above, 'Repetition and Difference' Theory, 'Bordwall's Theory'. Of all of these theories the ones I will use in particular would be the Male Gaze as the artist of my song is male and so the woman in the video will be there to make the singer look good almost as a show piece trophy girlfriend, also engaging both men and women equally, as women are often made to see other women through the male perspective as stated in the theory. Bordwall's Theory will be very relevant to my final idea, as having any theme in any genre video can help me create a unique video, without having copied any existing video styles of music videos. I can also adapt my idea, simplifying the video, by using these themes as a guideline rather than sticking to a specific theme throughout my music video.
This week, I also had to analyse music videos and state why they appeal to me. As I am in the early days of research, I chose to analyse individual videos to each other to keep my options open and show that I have quite a broad imagination when creating my music video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment