Kanye West- Good Life
This has to be one of my most favourite videos ever because the way it has been edited. The animated theme for this Hip/Hop/ Rap is very unique. I have never seen a video made like this, considering animation has become a lot more popular now. The costumes have been kept true to the genre of music for example the big flashy watches and big leathery jackets. Also, there are parts where they are looking directly at the camera, towards the audience, as is done in these kind of music videos. There are a good range of camera shots within the video, the long shots are very effective as they show different animated backgrounds forming behind him and the close ups show his facial expressions in a very detailed way when he is singing to the audience. I find the animation in this music video very effective and eye catching to watch. The bold colours make the images and animations stand out on the screen against him dressed in all black. I will try and incorporate this in my music video in some form or another as I find this video very inspiring.
Justin Bieber- Beauty and a Beat
This is a perfect example of a house party style fun video, which I have always thought would be fun to shoot. In this video, I particularly like the use of camera movement and shot types as it shows Justin holding the camera and films him, filming himself. The frame within a frame is a very effective technique as it makes the image look different and more interesting. The background dancers in the music video make it more entertaining for the audience and yet again are mainly female, making Justin Bieber look good and seem to be desired.
N Dubz- Ouch
The reason I chose this video is because it matches the narrative of the song and fits the interpretation theme where the video acts like an image of the words, almost telling a story. The short shots edited together add mystery to the music video as the audience do not know what they will be seeing but the lyrics give them an idea. N Dubz are a band who have been born and raised in Camden Town in North London estate flats and are seen as the "hoodrat" type.Their career in music has only just started to take off and this is well shown through their costumes as they haven't yet transformed their image and the costumes have been kept true to their image. For example in the video, the girl is shown wearing a tracksuit and these are identified as "chavy" clothes which is what the girl in the video is wearing. Also, there seems to be violence in the video which again makes it realistic in terms of matching the lyrics of the song as well as their image. Seeing as the song I have picked is about descending relationships, unfaithfulness and cheating, I thought it was a good song to relate my thoughts to and I would like to keep the idea of a story within the song an option for my own music video.
No comments:
Post a Comment